Monday, October 27, 2008

What is a Mom to Do?

Okay, Grace and I went to church yesterday by ourselves because Christopher was on his big hunting weekend and Duncan was at the farm, no problem right? PROBLEM!!! When the soon to be 4 year old decides and promises to sit quietly in big church so you don't have to sit alone(she knows what to say so you think she really cares) and that lasts all of about 5 minutes!!! I gave the "look" and many times so sweetly saying "we must be quiet in church, color you coloring book." Only to be looked at with the devilish look of what are you going to do about it? She knew I couldn't do anything in the middle of church. I was so embarrassed!!! I had to take her out during the sermon because she was talking constantly and yelling "I don't want a spanking Mommy!" So, I promptly removed her and took her to the nursery. After church, when I picked her up she was so happy and said, "Guess What Mommy?" "I was really good in small church!" That would be the nursery! All I could say was I am very proud of you for finally listening-now we need to work on big church!

post signature

No comments: